The Suzuki Music Association of Indonesia (SMAI) seeks to advance the future generations of Indonesia through the Suzuki Method. We aim to develop citizens of character through the learning of classical music.
Shinichi Suzuki (1898-1998) was a Japanese violin teacher who discovered an approach to learning music called the ‘Mother Tongue’ Method. Suzuki demonstrated that children as young as 3 years old can learn to play the violin in the same manner as learning language: with the care and love of the family, an environment of listening, encouragement and support, and step by step practice, performance and review of a repertoire of fine classical music.
SMAI was established in July 2009 to develop the philosophy and teaching Method of Dr. Shinichi Suzuki’s in Indonesia. SMAI is a member of Asia Region Suzuki Organization, the interim organization that oversees Suzuki Method activities in the Asia Region under the supervision of the International Suzuki Association (ISA). SMAI members can participate and network with other Suzuki families and teachers around the world.
As a non-profit organization our programs and activities:
- Create healthy learning communities of parents, teachers and children
- Support the learning of music in early childhood education
- Develop teacher’s abilities and quality of life
- Reach out to all levels of society
- Student, parent and teacher members interconnect through events, newsletters, and gatherings.
Download Our Latest Newsletter
October 2016 Newsletter Download here